Monday 18 April 2011

Thinking about my first pattern cutting lesson...

I was thinking about the journey I have made so far in regards to my pattern cutting skills. On the first week when we were all eager to show our potential; we had our first pattern cutting lesson. I had never  been taught it before and so previously developed my own method of creating patterns but I can see the progress I have made so far and hope to continue growing.


Some people appear to be a lot needier than others and can take up a lot of the tutorial time which is for other students too. I am aware of when I need help and when I ask for it, I am conscious of the other people around me too. 


It really shows the technical side of fashion. It is not an easy subject like a lot of outsiders are lead to believe (including my guy friends who think I sew a couple of time a week and thats it!). You have to have a clear vision and an ability to see things in both their 3D and 2D forms.


I especially enjoyed further workings on the stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment